Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fabrication


This is Renee here. Molly and I recently went on an adventure to Tucson AZ. There were a lot of wonderful things about this trip including (green) chili-cheeseburgers, tart frozen yogurt, and cacti but the best part by far was a trip to Santa Fe where we stumbled upon a fabric store (http://santafefabrics.com/). I will never ever ever be the same after going to this fabric store. The owner has the best eye for fabric and there were so many that I had eyed online for years but have never had the pleasure of seeing in person. It was completely and totally amazing. Imagine finding your fabric soul mate who brings everything you have ever wanted and more to your fingertips.  There is no way I will be able to communicate the exhilaration so I will move on. 
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for our bank accounts), we got there right before they closed. Another part that I loved/hated was that they had the most amazing selection of linen and it was crazy expensive. So it seems the only downsides were the reality of being around all that amazing stuff that I wanted and needing to decide what to get and how much I could spend. We had only been there about 5 minutes when the owner commented on my “expensive taste”.  I was finally able to settle on three different fabrics. I have no idea what I will use them for but I am completely in love with them. I am thinking of framing one and hanging it. Molly got fabric to make a duvet cover (shown in three pictures because it is very very wide) with so there will be a part two to this entry at some point because I will certainly be chronicling that adventure!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment